Talkin bout muh new rig.

Posted (edited)

After subjecting myself to laptop drudgery for the past 8 years or so I picked up a used i5-9600k / rx5600 non-xt build for cheap. I’m excited to benchmark the gpu when it arrives since it’s a weird dell oem thing without much info on it out there. The single fan worries me but whatever. Also I’m installing case fans for the first time. I’ve always been the type to torture an old gpu inside a dell school computer but I’m trying to be nice now that I have a case. Nice enough to buy a cheapo 3-for-$12 fan pack at least.

I’m paralyzed by choice when it comes to finding great games I’ll enjoy but don’t know about because I don’t stay in the know. I owned a ps4 briefly and enjoyed yakuza like a dragon, splitgate, dark souls 1, and skyrim (again), then sold it off. I’m afraid to outright say “this thread is for cream of the crop game suggestions from 2013ish-now where the only parameter is needing a bit of graphical acceleration” because It’s too broad and someone will probably tell me it’s redundant and link me to a thread that’s kinda similar but not quite the same. So the point is to say hello everyone. 😀

Spoiler

And here’s a very list of the games I have written down so far:

Ps2 emulation

switch emulation

Forza horizon 4(which is best?)

Watch dogs

Rdr2

Gta 4

Halo mcc

Streets of rage 4

Outer wilds

Yakuzas