Edit History

Kaiosama TLJ

Kaiosama TLJ

The post became a mess with embedded link errors because it was made before the forum overhaul.

Ross Scott said:
Kaiosama TLJ said:
Funny you mentioning that you kind of wanted to see a Aeon Flux game, because I know about a game that was supposed to be like this at one point. It's a Playstation game called Pax Corpus, and it was made by Cryo Interactive Entertainment, the same guys responsible for the Megarace series. Never played the game (only know about it because of a Guru Larry video), but I know it was going to be a Aeon Flux game at some point but the license was canned, so they had to change a lot of stuff to sell as a original IP.
I wasn't aware of that. It really depends on the writing I think. If a videogame is only focused on the spy / combat element, I wouldn't be too interested. There's this whole weird world in Aeon Flux and the ideas they're meddling with that's the fascinating part.

Well... I can't promise you anything, maybe only a headache. As I said, I only knew about of it's existence thanks to Guru Larry's Fact Hunt, and I've never played it. I brought up this fact because I felt it could be an interesting topic to bring up in a follow-up episode. But, even if I didn't told you that, I think you would assume Aeon Flux had a hand on it just by looking at the cover:

pax_corpus_d.jpg

And yes, this game has a PC version. I thought it was a PS1 exclusive before I found this image to show to you. But again, don't expect this to be a good game. From what I know, this game bombed when it came out. The little footage that I saw from it made me a bit unconfortable because the UI is ugly, the camera is awful, and I got the impression the game has horrible controls. And I think that the fact that this game was advertised as "Tomb Raider in space" didn't help either.

As for writing... I'm not sure. Footage of this game on Youtube is extremely rare (just to show how obscure it is), and it doesn't seen that anyone had beaten it (don't blame them), so I don't know the whole story. But I know that is set in a matriarcal cyberpunk city where a scientist invented a mind-controling device called Pax Corpus, with the intention of using it as a remedy to help people that suffer from depression, however the main villain (the woman in dominatrix suit at the cover) wants to weaponise it. Not sure how much "out there" the plot is, but the fact that I've played Megarace 1 and 2, and I know about the existence of Commander Blood, I can say that Cryo Interactive Entertainment are experienced in being weird. Well, it's better you see a footage of the game to judge for yourself:

Kaiosama TLJ

Kaiosama TLJ

Funny you mentioning that you kind of wanted to see a Aeon Flux game, because I know about a game that was supposed to be like this at one point. It's a Playstation game called Pax Corpus, and it was made by Cryo Interactive Entertainment, the same guys responsible for the Megarace series. Never played the game (only know about it because of a Guru Larry video), but I know it was going to be a Aeon Flux game at some point but the license was canned, so they had to change a lot of stuff to sell as a original IP.
I wasn't aware of that. It really depends on the writing I think. If a videogame is only focused on the spy / combat element, I wouldn't be too interested. There's this whole weird world in Aeon Flux and the ideas they're meddling with that's the fascinating part.

Well... I can't promise you anything, maybe only a headache. As I said, I only knew about of it's existence thanks to Guru Larry's Fact Hunt, and I've never played it. I brought up this fact because I felt it could be an interesting topic to bring up in a follow-up episode. But, even if I didn't told you that, I think you would assume Aeon Flux had a hand on it just by looking at the cover:

pax_corpus_d.jpg

And yes, this game has a PC version. I thought it was a PS1 exclusive before I found this image to show to you. But again, don't expect this to be a good game. From what I know, this game bombed when it came out. The little footage that I saw from it made me a bit unconfortable because the UI is ugly, the camera is awful, and I got the impression the game has horrible controls. And I think that the fact that this game was advertised as "Tomb Raider in space" didn't help either.

As for writing... I'm not sure. Footage of this game on Youtube is extremely rare (just to show how obscure it is), and it doesn't seen that anyone had beaten it (don't blame them), so I don't know the whole story. But I know that is set in a matriarcal cyberpunk city where a scientist invented a mind-controling device called Pax Corpus, with the intention of using it as a remedy to help people that suffer from depression, however the main villain (the woman in dominatrix suit at the cover) wants to weaponise it. Not sure how much "out there" the plot is, but the fact that I've played Megarace 1 and 2, and I know about the existence of Commander Blood, I can say that Cryo Interactive Entertainment are experienced in being weird. Well, it's better you see a footage of the game to judge for yourself:

DlXZ-sz3CIU

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.