General Chat

You're missing a lot of great stuff, apparently.

Your loss, duder.

How many more times do I have to say this?

IT'S NOT MY LOSS, I'VE LISTENED TO DUBSTEP, I HATE DUBSTEP.

I'VE LISTENED TO RAP, I HATE RAP.

I'M FORCED TO LISTEN TO COUNTRY MUSIC EVERY DAY, THAT'S WHY I HATE IT SO MUCH...

MOST OF TODAY'S POP MUSIC IS SOME 16 YEAR OLD WITH AUTOTUNE, DOES THIS SH*T SOUND GOOD TO YOU?

Alright, do I have to do this again?

Of course you don't respond to me but the person who could be trolling you.

Hi Friend.

You're missing a lot of great stuff, apparently.

Your loss, duder.

How many more times do I have to say this?

IT'S NOT MY LOSS, I'VE LISTENED TO DUBSTEP, I HATE DUBSTEP.

I'VE LISTENED TO RAP, I HATE RAP.

I'M FORCED TO LISTEN TO COUNTRY MUSIC EVERY DAY, THAT'S WHY I HATE IT SO MUCH...

MOST OF TODAY'S POP MUSIC IS SOME 16 YEAR OLD WITH AUTOTUNE, DOES THIS SH*T SOUND GOOD TO YOU?

Alright, do I have to do this again?

You have obviously been listening to shitty music, not my fault and not the fault of good artists who don't get appreciated properly or ignored entirely from those genres.

There is great stuff in every genre of music, you just have to find it and it's childish to claim there is nothing good in entire genres, especially when they're as broad as 'country' or 'rap'.

You're not cool, you just come off as a wiener because you refuse to have any appreciative maturity and you argue like a tween.

EDIT:

Of course you don't respond to me but the person who could be trolling you.

Sorry to divert the conversation.

"It's time to evolve. That's why we're troubled. You know why our institutions are failing us, the church, the state, everything's failing? It's because they're no longer relevant...Evolution did not end with us growing opposable thumbs."

You have obviously been listening to shitty music

Queen, Metallica, AC/DC, Beatles, ETC...

good artists who don't get appreciated properly.

Rebecca Black, Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, ETC...

There is great stuff in every genre of music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kffacxfA7G4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFu2DfPDGeU

Country, some redneck singing about a girl...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEn6PMLzqeE

You're not cool

Never said I was...

you argue like a tween.

Can someone please tell me what the f**k a "tween" is and why people keep using that word?

Everyone has a different opinion on music, you don't have to attack them because of their taste in music...

Edit: Yes, I do realize that "redneck" is black...

Also known as "Username"

I pity you for your lack of scope.

"It's time to evolve. That's why we're troubled. You know why our institutions are failing us, the church, the state, everything's failing? It's because they're no longer relevant...Evolution did not end with us growing opposable thumbs."

Since much of art is subjective, I will opinionate that song as "Cacophony".

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

I think I'm gonna go find a script to black list those 2 links on this IP address so I never accidentally find them again. I sure hope one exists.

Retired Forum Moderator

In order to shift the topic into proper/more traditional music, my guitar teacher said we'd be getting into "Weird" rhythm lines for a while. He immediately started playing some Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, and ZZ Top to see which was weird enough to practice but not so weird that I couldn't play it. We decided upon "Sweet Emotion" by Aerosmith. A bitch to figure out, but oh so sweet when you get it down. In order to give this bragging session/rambling session a point, what is everyone's experience with playing music here?

I love you, yet can't stand to know you exist.

This one time I had piano lessons.

I gave up by about hour five.

In all honesty I do not regret the decision, but do resent my inability to play a musical instrument. I probably will take something up some day...

try the triangle Ty, if not that the air guitar hasn't failed me yet...tuning the damn thing's a bitch though...

but seriously through i have amazing dexterity, but i never owned a guitar in my life, i guess it's never to late to learn...i just want a guitar.

I was in a violin class for a year, never learned a note.

I would probably have pursued music as my career, had it not been for the horrible excuse for a teacher in 6th grade music class. I never took the later music lessons because of her, and by the time she left the school, I had already begin a new course of action I was chasing(not to mention I was 2 years from graduation and wasn't allowed to take that anymore.)

I've even purged her name from my memory. I wish I could just flat out purge HER from my memory.

Retired Forum Moderator

Memories from childhood... I can recall teachers that weren't exemplary, and I recall much better the ones that were. Oh Mr. Nordman from seventh grade, you were such a funny guy. He actually had voice training to be a radio announcer, but he never became one. So he sometimes talked in this really rad charismatic tone.