General Chat

Not really much of a chat going on here. Random thread has had more topic that this at times. O_o

Retired Forum Moderator

Topic starter:

Why do we enjoy video games so much?

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

It's good entertainment/It's a release from the world we live in to go somewhere better.

Hi Friend.

It's good entertainment/It's a release from the world we live in to go somewhere better.

Or worse and try to make it better. Or worse.

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

Or worse and try to make it better. Or worse.

Or better and try to make it worse. Or better.

No.

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

Topic starter:

Why do we enjoy video games so much?

It's an escape from reality for me. The real world news, as important as it probably is to know, depresses me far too much. I hate being depressed so I tend to want to block that out, and games and anime are my filters.

I have a social life though, contrary to what some people i know say. XD

Retired Forum Moderator

I often like to do this exercise, and check the suggestions Google presents. As I understand, these are generated based on how often a particular search string is entered.

games.png

Interestingly enough, "why games are rated m" seems to be of great concern to the public ;), more so than the fact that they can be very addictive.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

Because we can escape into a little fabricated world where we control or created the variables, and where we can entirely understand the requirements and outcomes of the most ideal results.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

i like sandbox games. I.E. GTA or prototype, full character customization, your decisions affect the story of the game(RARE!), you can kill the masses for no other reason than you just feel like it. i enjoy video games, because i hate real life(too. much. drama. just doesn't quite say it.), and video games are an escape from it.

any recommendations that fit the above description the best don't hesitate to let me know...(xbox360)

i like sandbox games. I.E. GTA or prototype, full character customization, your decisions affect the story of the game(RARE!), you can kill the masses for no other reason than you just feel like it. i enjoy video games, because i hate real life(too. much. drama. just doesn't quite say it.), and video games are an escape from it.

any recommendations that fit the above description the best don't hesitate to let me know...(xbox360)

Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

That has full character customization (face, clothing, as well as weapons/armor) and open world aspect? (main quest does not NEED to be done)

Retired Forum Moderator

That has full character customization (face, clothing, as well as weapons/armor) and open world aspect? (main quest does not NEED to be done)

Not face or clothes, but you can skip doing the main mission until you want to leave the area.

Full character customization = Brink, Elder Scrolls 3/4, Fallout 3/4, Mass Effect 1/2, Assassin's Creed 2/Brotherhood

Open World = FarCry 2, Elder Scrolls 3/4, Fallout 3/4, Mass Effect 1/2, Assassin's Creed 2/Brotherhood

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.