January Videochat Cancelled

Sign in to follow this  

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

I think I'm going to have to cancel the videochat this month since I'm still sick and I have no confidence of my throat being in good shape by the 14th at this point. While I could push it back another week, it starts to not make much sense since it will come up against the February videochat.

This is one of the slowest recoveries I've had in years, though I think I am getting overall better. I would classify my status as "sick" now, an upgrade from "zombie" earlier, but it still feels like there's a frog in my throat. Even if I'm healed up by this weekend, talking for hours maybe shouldn't be the first thing I do once I'm well. I really have no idea when my voice is going to be back, but I hope to slowly start working on more things, particularly the website and the movie. In the event that my voice comes back sooner, a video this month is still possible, but I can't predict anything right now.

I sometimes think of the viewers as my boss, so on that note, I'll either be working on things related to the videos that don't involve any voicework, or staring into space in a stupor, doing absolutely nothing. This concludes my performance report for 2018.

COMMENTS

Get well soon man. And happy new year. You should just get some rest instead of working. You'll get better much sooner.

I was recently sick so I remember how much it sucks being able to do what you're used to.

Get better and don't worry about us!

Then speaking as "Your boss", I'd suggest staring into space in a stupor, doing absolutely nothing. But do add R&R and the ol' fluids too. Take the time to heal & recover. Get well!

But not the fluids Data drank there. ;)

Depends on your tastebuds... Wine is good though. Much antioxidants.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

If I had the power, I would send you a care-package full of vital stuff like milk and honey.

We'll still be here for you, and if we are your bosses, then we're the most easy-going and hands-free bosses you'll ever have.

Non Nobis Domine, Non Nobis, Sed Nomine, tuo da Glorium

Hello! [Edit] Err... Gonna scrawl this in last.. I can type very quickly it was really minimum effort. Ty

I read in a vitamin nutrient book that the good doctor would use some 100,000 IU of vitamin A as retinal, a "large" dose of zinc (I wouldn't go above 150mg/day((cant be taken with calcium, magnesium, or copper)) - and a large dose of vitamin c. The good doctor would take this cocktail every day when he started to feel symptoms of a cold coming on, and claimed to have never taken a sick day in over 30 years. This is Dr. Atkins I'm referring to, I know he's still controversial. My dad got to meet him for his diabetes, and I in turn lost 100 some pounds (never met him) - the president of the American Heart Association just had a heart attack a few weeks ago, you know (people were breaking into Dr. Atkins's hospital room trying to steal medical records after he slipped on ice and went into a coma..) [[Vitamin D shouldn't go neglected EDIT]]

Raw garlic is good, raw ginger is good. Sometimes you really just need a good steroid (if you're asthmatic), or an antibiotic.. What I would like to do someday soon is do some extracting of 'pure crystal' antioxidants from various sources, such as grape seed extract, or Deinococcus Radiodurans (This is a germ that will resist ~3000x the radiation a human can without dying, it also harbours a special pigment or antioxidant which can be used in future biotech.) The whole goal is to take these different antioxidants and formulate them specifically with a type of nucleic acid which is easily oxidized in human cells - eventually humans could potentially live indefinetly. I have nothing but the deepest respect for your perspective on sustainability. I feel it could be possible some day for humans to generate electricity with magnets and gravity using a simple magnetic over unity toy.. [Linked removed, just you tube smot toy]?? Can I link this? ..

Anyway sorry to ramble and go irrelevant. Things read on the internet these days tend to not get taken so seriously under certain circumstances so I blithered out a little bit of my life story here..

TY for reading if you did, TY for the years of entertainment and viewing!

-Bimmy

EDIT: I have never seen Vitamin A retinal 10,000 IU (Or extremely rarely) outside of Shoprite supermarkets in NJ. I'm sure they have online. So the liver stores excess, and the body tolerates it better with vitamin D, you can go up to 100,000 and some 50000 D, but don't go every day excessively. Let me see the original source won't be anywhere online since I'm adding this paragraph anyway .. Forget it I still can't find more stuff on Retinol with a quick pubmed. This is helpful maybe? Background

Low levels of 25-OH vitamin D are associated with respiratory tract infection (RTI). However, results from randomized controlled trials are inconclusive. Therefore, we performed a systematic review and meta-analysis to assess the preventive effect of vitamin D supplementation on RTI. Results indicate that vitamin D has a protective effect against RTI, and dosing once-daily seems most effective.