ROSS'S GAME DUNGEON: BIP BOP II

If you played original one, then try Ultimate Qix (alternate name: Volfied). After some research i finally found that game again. It was released in 1989 and it has lot more content than original Qix. I even found place you can play it online: http://game-oldies.com/play-online/ultimate-qix-sega-genesis#

Ah that quote makes me wish Stargate SG1 was still on Netflix i love that episode too.

Back by popular demand!

Also, since when does a game on a floppy have any form of copy protection based on the disk?
Since floppies were invented.

There was several chapters on disk-based copyright protection in my CS textbook back in school, ranging from hidden sectors and formatting quirks all the way to laser-punched holes and partial demagnetization giving a specific read error pattern.

Apparently that was quite a thing.

But having grown in a country without the concept of copyright, i never actually encountered any of these personally.

There is no such thing as a disk image when it comes to floppies...
Oh, a disk image can be interesting for more than just neatness sake.

There can be deleted files still on it, or something interesting like that, which won't show up by reading files.

I just gotta ask this, I know its off topic

Ross: are you a fan of Quentin Tarantino (I remember you mentioned his name in the strife review) and well I needed to ask since I for some reason had an idea for a play involving all of his films put into one series of events

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

Simply dump every sector of the floppy in order into a file that we can later load into a VM or dump on anothe floppy, preserving

everything from the original device bit by bit.

Wasted effort, unless you're recovering a corrupted disk. (corrupted FAT, file beginning and end corruption, etc) For a fully functional disk with uncorrupted data, there's really no reason to do it.

I just realized why this game seemed familiar... I played it about 15 years ago... I made it to the "video" of the punching, and then it crashed and wouldn't run afterwards.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I won't lie, the ball physics would straight-up stop me from playing that.

Despite that, great video. I think this is the essence of Game Dungeon. Incredibly unknown games.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

This actually wasn't as weird and creepy as the alien one. That one was kinda creepy because of the background story. ;p

"Exits are supposed to be difficult to locate! Because GOD HELP YOU if someone exited your building by accident. Then, they'd have to come back in!"

"Roger, Roger. What's your Vector, Victor?

There will be at least one more video coming this month, possibly two.

Ok, mental memo: when Ross writes "this month", in reality he says "next month".

There will be at least one more video coming this month, possibly two.

Ok, mental memo: when Ross writes "this month", in reality he says "next month".

Maybe we misinterpreted it and it was supposed to read: "....video coming this month, possibly two months"

"I'm not really the sentimental type, but.... well, no, I'm not."

So Stuart Riffle IS a warlock...

hes a high rolling, bitchin' Vatican assassin from Mars

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

Didn't think my request for disk images would turn into a discussion about old media... I'm more on the side of "the closer to the original, the better" and the images are the closest I'd ever make it. For the record, I have worked with floppies personally and I've seen some weird things happen with old disk images that aren't well-reflected if you just copy the files off (old document-bearing disks come to mind).

This one is in the looney bin with that guy who claimed to have been abducted by aliens. I like it. The full version of the game being lost for years reminds me of a finnish game developer, who's awesome ski jumping game no one bought. (SJ3, check it out on the interwebs.) The DOS age shareware.

Sorry for the necro, but had to do it. This is something you should consider for a follow-up episode.

Looking at the most recent comments of Youtube on your video, I found one by Jerry Silverman himself, a.k.a. the "screaming woman covered in blood at level 17", and his post gives an interesing insight about this game's weirdness. Also, he mentions another game called "Hit and Run" that, apparently, was also made by the same creator of Bip Bop II.

I also tried to search this game but I couldn't find it. So, I guess the archaeological dig is not over yet...

comment.jpg.3a1b45cd3c458d8ff52a34ee72acb37c.jpg

Sorry for the necro, but had to do it. This is something you should consider for a follow-up episode.

Looking at the most recent comments of Youtube on your video, I found one by Jerry Silverman himself, a.k.a. the "screaming woman covered in blood at level 17"...

Awesome find right there. It's almost like a bite-sized version of that Stuart Mackereth interview in that it gives so much context for the game's existence. Also, the prospect of maybe seeing other products of the young mind of the Ex-Ruler of the Universe is definitely quite an interesting one.

On 9/14/2018 at 11:27 PM, LukeAtreides said:

Sorry for asking so late, but does anyone have the ending skull screen of Bip Bop 1...

Just went through the hellish experience of going through that game and...

Nothing!

It just says "you win" and kicks you back into the title screen.

the download link for 1 and 3 is broken so I had to play it in a browser. It shouldn't have affected it, but maybe it did. Who am I to know?