Topics for August Videochat

Sign in to follow this  

You can list questions / topics you'd like to be considered for the next chat here. The next chat will be on twitch.tv/rossbroadcast on August 7th at 4pm EST.

Hey Ross, can you give me any pointers for cosplaying Gordon Freeman in the style of Freeman's Mind? I've decided to use Freeman's lab attire instead of the HEV suit since I'm too cheap to build a papercraft one. Besides the lack of a tie, and the neurotic and self-aggrandizing personality of Gordon, what other pointers do you recommend to match the visual or mental personality of Freeman's Mind Freeman?

Hey Ross, do you think that social media has turned the Internet into a more hostile place than it was a decade ago?

Also, what modern game studio would you like to do a H.P. Lovecraft inspired game?

Life is funny. Except when it's unfunny.

Hi Ross here are my questions.

1. What kind of microphone do you use? I'm looking to get a mic that doesn't sound like cheap, muffled, echo garbage without costing a fortune like one of those Blue Yeti Microphones.

2. How much HDD storage space are you currently using to hold all of your content files(Game Dungeon, Machinima, Freeman's Mind, etc)? I saw all those Western Digital Green HDDs you were using and those look like they hold a massive amount of content. I want to start making my own content but first I would like to know how much HDD storage space I'll most likely end up using and knowing how much HDD storage space you use would make for an excellent reference point. I currently have 1 TB of unused HDD storage space on an HDD I've yet to write anything to. I've had it sitting in PC for several months unused but hooked up and ready to go. I feel sorta bad for having forgotten about it for all those months.

3. What kind of SSD would you recommend to get for recording? A lot of people are saying the SAMSUNG 850 EVO is good but I would like to go for a better price if possible. Not so cheap that the SSD will crap out on me and I've had cheap SSDs crap out on me before so I want to be careful about which one I get.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

[/not a question for the videochat] If we've already posted our questions on the Videochat July 2016 thread, should we repost them here or will you only be answering the questions contained therein?

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

A]Whats the most overrated cartoon show in your opinion?

B]Do you know any crazy Polish myths and legends seeing as you live there?

C]Have you heard about the controversy about the new Deus Ex game trailer which has a scene of protestors holding a 'Augs Lives Matter' banner?

On the subject of spider-bot like "you can't handle the truth" scenarios since it opens up a whole load of "hmmm" questions:

Do you think the baby photo shown in Gordon Freemans' locker in Half-Life is in fact the baby Alyx Vance? (the hair for one is similar and some people reckon ~20-ish years elapsed between 1 and 2).

[/not a question for the videochat] If we've already posted our questions on the Videochat July 2016 thread, should we repost them here or will you only be answering the questions contained therein?

You don't have to. I grabbed them from that thread and placed them in my secret volcano lair for Ross to peruse when the video chat happens. I do like the idea of having a separate thread like this for future video chat sessions. I'll make one for September's video chat directly after August's video chat is over. Place your questions for September's video chat in that forum post when I make it.

Thanks folks! :mrgreen:

You don't have to. I grabbed them from that thread and placed them in my secret volcano lair for Ross to peruse when the video chat happens. I do like the idea of having a separate thread like this for future video chat sessions. I'll make one for September's video chat directly after August's video chat is over. Place your questions for September's video chat in that forum post when I make it.

Thanks folks! :mrgreen:

I thought you might of been compiling them Daniel :3 Thanks for the confirmation though. Soon after I made that post I noticed the "End of June" thread and realized that the questions posted therein had been on the July videochat.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

It's been a year since your first follow up episode, do you plan on making part 2 anytime soon?

Hey Ross

My questions

1 . What are your top 3 or 5 game worlds that you would love to be immersed in once VR gets its shit together?

2. Which game character would terrify you even more than regular playing if you were to meet them in person lifesize VR?

Also inversely, do you think you player reactions/feelings would be different when being talked to by characters if they were looking at you at eye level.

3. Whose the most famous person you met or know personally?

4. Do you have some sort of a written down plan/list of activities for making the movie that you are following or are you just doing bits as and when you can?

5. Do you think you will be moving out of Poland anytime?

6. As per previous poster, when will get another "follow up" video?

Your awesome and I loved the spiderbot video. Me and my brother thought we were the only ones in the world who played that game and were confuddled by it. Thank you

Ross, what stage of the animation would you say you are in with the movie? Could we expect it before the end of 2017?

Ross, in your Revenant game dungeon episode, you mentioned that the original Diablo is one of your favorite games of all time, what about Diablo 2 and 3?