GORILLA GONG PROMO TRAILER

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Hey, here's a video I actually created several months ago, but was waiting until the site had some more updates before I released it. As some of you may know, I've been involved with the site Gorilla Gong for some time now. It's slowly been growing to what I think is arguably the best machinima site out there today. We have close to a 1000 decent machinimas, all tagged and organized, I don't think you'll find a site with more quality machinima anywhere else.

So this video is a general promotion to let more people know about it and hopefully get some more traffic to it. The videos you see in this trailer are by no means all our best ones, I tried to pick a variety of different machinima from different creators, but there is just a ton of good stuff on the site. One of our policies for the site is we don't accept just any machinima, but only the ones that we feel are pretty decent quality. So just about all the machinima on the site ranges from "not bad" to "amazing."

- - -

REVIEWERS WANTED

One of the goals with this promotional video is we're hoping to get more reviewers onboard with the site. This doesn't mean you have to give full formal reviews, but rather if you spot a good machinima, you can submit it to the site, write up a short description on it, and help us add to the collection. If you watch or have seen lots of machinima, we would like to get more people involved with the site. If you're interested, here are the requirements:

Go ahead and email me (0eXO8.png) with the following info:

1. A list of at least 5 of your favorite machinimas (specifically ones that I did NOT create to lower bias)

2. Give me a description of some of your tastes in machinima videos; if there are any specific genres you prefer, or like ones based on specific games, etc.

We basically want to get an idea of your tastes and writing style. If we think they're good, you can become involved with the site and start contributing to what machinima gets displayed on the site. There are some rules involved, but it's really not much more complicated than following directions when submitting a video and typing up a short description on it. This offer is open for anyone who is interested, feel free to spread the word. I'll try and respond to everyone as soon as I can, but it will likely take a few days at least.

- - -

Alternately, you're welcome to submit any suggestions for new machinima in our suggestion forum, or just email me directly if you don't want to bother with registering.

That's about it for now, I hope to have another video out before too long. In the meantime, you have plenty of other videos you can watch!

ADHD version: Go to Gorilla Gong for lots of machinima videos!

COMMENTS

"Why is it called 'Gorrilla Gong?'"

"Come to Gorilla Gong, right now!"

10/10 best answer.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Hmm would the emperor has a text to speech device be considered machinima or animation? :think:

Back by popular demand!

I know I would love to do write ups and reviews for machinima videos but I havent seen any in quite a while besides the ones that are being made by Jon CJG and DasBoSchitt, I do think there are alot of others out there that are still making them, I know personally my top 5 machinimas at this moment are:

5. One Life Remaining Episode 1 by Jon CJG

4. Phil Day 1 by Black Light Productions

3. Judgemental Episode 3 by RunningGunStudios

2. Grifball PSA by Roosterteeth

1. Stranger in Need by Ross (I cant help it, Ross made some badass shit with Freemans Mind, Civil Protection, the Game Dungeon etc etc, but he is one of my faves of all time)

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

Hmm would the emperor has a text to speech device be considered machinima or animation? :think:
I hadn't seen it before. I think I'd have to count it as animation, but we could definitely add that to the "banana pit" section, it's for stuff that doesn't technically qualify like that.

I know I would love to do write ups and reviews for machinima videos but I havent seen any in quite a while besides the ones that are being made by Jon CJG and DasBoSchitt, I do think there are alot of others out there that are still making them, I know personally my top 5 machinimas at this moment are:

1. Stranger in Need by Ross (I cant help it, Ross made some badass shit with Freemans Mind, Civil Protection, the Game Dungeon etc etc, but he is one of my faves of all time)

I'll look over your entries a little later and try and send you a reply, it might be a lot easier to help out than you think.

pcYrTCGKyrU

Love this series.

"FUCK YOU REALITY!!YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!"

"Hark! Dost thou hear with thine ears what I hear with mine? Interloper! No quarter shall be shown hither, fiend! Anon! Show thyself, churl!"

http://myanimelist.net/profile/MantisDude

pcYrTCGKyrU

Love this series.

Only issue with this series is if you are not fairly well versed in 40K lore you won't get a lot of the jokes still thou its a gem i happened upon by complete accident i just wish the episodes didn't take so long to come out but maybe if its exposure increased Bruva Alfabusa could get the episodes out a little faster. I imagine a lot of work goes into making them especially since they fall on the animation side of things but this is definitely one of my favorite web series. I really like the Shoddycast fallout lore series a lot as well.

Back by popular demand!

The excessive sexual themes and swearing are massive negatives for that series, at least for me. If the content can't stand without either, it can't stand at all IMO.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

The excessive sexual themes and swearing are massive negatives for that series, at least for me. If the content can't stand without either, it can't stand at all IMO.

It's par for the course for /tg/ humor. I would at least recommend checking out the later episodes since not all the humor is based around those two points.

I'll look over your entries a little later and try and send you a reply, it might be a lot easier to help out than you think.

well I do appreciate that Ross, I know I enjoy alot of varieties of machinima, and I know when i see them nowadays its hard to say what sort of ones I enjoy, but I know I met alot of people in the early days of 2006-2007 who were making machinima using Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Multiplayer and my goodness were those videos good,

If you do reply Ross, I know i will jump for joy since anything you deliver whether its an email or whatever it is...always makes me smile

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

I just realized, Ross seems to move away from the answer about Gorilla Gong (why is it called that?) as a joke, I remember he did that with DasBoSchitts video when he advertised Gorllia Gong and he did it again here :P clever clever

I think it was intended as a joke, like the Civil Protection "What is machinima?" ep. ;)

Fzl3jzTIuwI

good times with Civil Protection, still sorta miss it more than FM....but then again Ross needs to make the movie HE NEEDS TO MAKE THE MOVIE!

So I can wait for both more FM and CP since RGD does bring me joy

The Ross Scott Tru-Machinima Emporium is very high-quality. I don't miss FM as it came to a distinct and satisfying end. I need to rewatch CP though. Game Dungeon is just as good.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

The Ross Scott Tru-Machinima Emporium is very high-quality. I don't miss FM as it came to a distinct and satisfying end. I need to rewatch CP though. Game Dungeon is just as good.

ive grown up with both shows for 8+ years roughly, so I enjoy alot of Ross's content even RGD I do know its all quality every time he makes something, he never gives us subpar stuff